Monday, May 19, 2008

Upline Help

As I have spent the last couple weeks trying to decide where I will go with my re-entry into the network marketing industry, I have thought alot about who my upline might be. I believe as important as it is for you to choose the right company, it is also important for you to choose the right upline.

I will use two examples to explain my point. I get emails all the time from people who are in network marketing. I look at companies that interest me and for the move on. I move on because in the auto-responder emails and communications from those who would be my sponsor a lot is said about how much they plan to help me on my way. You hear the phrase, "in business for yourself but not by yourself" often.

Since I decided to re-enter network marketing I have been narrowing down the field of possible companies. The way that I have done this is by seeing which of these people who have said how much they are commited to the growth of my business really mean it. I believe an active and passionate upline can make or break your business.

In the first example, the potential upline sent me to a beautifully created website and I walked through the information there. Of course I had to leave my name, phone number, email and the best time to call. I did receive a great "auto-responder" message thanking me for being at their site. However, in the email they said that they would be calling me shortly to see if I had any questions that they could answer. Well, it has been over a week now and the only thing I have gotten from this person is another email about joining them in yet another business. No phone call no answered questions, just another "opportunity" to consider.

The second example is similar to the first in one respect. I found a personal site of this potential sponsor and went there to look around. I had to give my name, email address, phone number and the best time to call. The business that he was promoting on that site was not going to work for me but I did continue to accept his emails while I looked around some more. One thing about his emails that surprised me was that they each concluded with a line about asking him questions along with his real phone number.

Yesterday I looked at an email from him and was going to unsubscribe because his product required too high an entrance fee. What I read though was an opportunity to look at another company that he was going to launch his downline in on Wednesday. Again, he gave some usual stuff (sites to visit, a couple videos to watch, etc.) and he said if I had any questions to call him. Well, I had questions and called. To my surprise, he called back within a couple hours and through the course of our conversation answered all the questions I had and within just a few minutes after I hung up with him I was in his downline.

That is what I mean when I say upline help. He was ready to help me today and told me that he would be available whenever I needed him (except on Sundays). I never met him before today but I expect to have a long term relationship with him going forward. He made himself valuable to me and that's what a good upline sponsor will always be!

No comments: