Friday, May 9, 2008

New Blog, Old Concept

Network Marketing was originally designed to be a business model built on the concept of integrity. Every MLM company believed that it had a great product and that their product was best sold from person to person. It didn't matter if you were selling soap, nutritionals, legal services, or anything in between, networkers believed in their products and their companies without question.

Unfortunately (and fortunately at the same time) the internet came along and Network Marketing companies had a problem. With the opportunity to be a faceless distributor in a see of websites/companies, SOME leaders in the industry began to run things with little or no regard to integrity. Even worse new companies sprang up by the tens of thousands with only the thought of making a quick buck and then shuting down. Hundreds of thousands of people lost lots and lots of money. MLM's status as a powerful industry took it on the chin. Integrity seemed to go by the boards in favor of quick money.

Well as a died in the wool Networker, I left the industry that I loved to pursue other possible business opportunities. Every once in a while, though, the cry of the networker would wake me up at night and I would long again for the times when helping people make their dreams come true would haunt me for days. But as I would move forward and consider a company or two, the same bad feelings would strike me as I saw upline making money off the dreams of fresh downline with no real regard for their downlines long term success. Those bad vibes would keep me out again (at least for a while).

I am now looking again. I want to find three things in a company before I take the plunge:

1. I am looking for a company who has a real product sold at a reasonable price.
2. I am looking for a sponsorship team that cares more for the success of their downline than they do their own and are willing to put their money where their mouth is!
3. I am looking for people who want to work together in a "team-build" concept and that know that "the sum of the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts."

Builidng a business together in an arena we all love will bring integrity back to network marketing.

No comments: