Monday, August 4, 2008

Attraction Marketing - THE Answer to Lead Generation

My initial experience in Network Marketing was with a distributor organization that taught all of its distributors to begin their career in MLM by making a list of 100 people that they knew and then badgering them about the "best business opportunity on the planet." After you ran through that list (or rather the people on that list began to run from you) you were told to prospect using the "3 foot rule" and "mall walking" or such things like that. Chasing people down became the order of the day and those who didn't have the stomach for it were just left in the dust. Attraction marketing takes an opposite view by teaching you to provide real, substantial and usable information to would be prospects BEFORE you even bring up your business offer.

This kind of marketing has been done offline throughout the course of history. Have you ever gone to the grocery store and seen food companies with a new product who were giving samples away and not even asking you to buy. Have you ever heard of a Doctor offering free consultations before asking people to become their patients. Some companies will even do the work first and if you don't like it you don't pay.

Yet, in network marketing we expect that people will just "join our team" and then find out if we can help them build a successful business. Oh, we tell them about the
greatness of our company and the power of our upline and assure them that they are in business for themselves but not by themselves. What we never seem to do is to prove ourselves FIRST and then when we have made clear our abilities, then show them how they can join us and have the advantage of our expertise.

Until we who love and work in this industry learn to give first and then receive, we are going to always be fighting an up hill battle. It is much easier to provide information that will attract people to us first than it is to deal with all the struggles (and bad online press) that comes from unhappy distributors who have no problem telling everyone who will hear how we ripped them off. When we attract people to us first we will also find the best and most targeted traffic. If we continue to treat these attracted customers well, they will become raving fans and bring scores of new distributors into our organization as well. This is viral marketing at its best.

Getting involved with attraction marketing may seem to be "giving away the farm" and a long term program but it is one that will revolutionize your MLM business model. Think about it, if you could find that steady stream of people looking for good, useful information and you could give them what they were looking for wouldn't they get hooked on you? If you become the source of their most treasured information, doesn't it seem likely that if they were then to join our industry, that they would choose you to work with? It is much easier to work with someone who is already attracted to you than someone you have yet to convince.

5 comments:

hpvanduuren said...

Thanks for this post,

First of all I like to congratulate you on your website, Everything is easy to find, splendit navigation!

(Not that I really like it, because I think you just inspired me to turn my current 'Main' Blogspot totally 'upsitedown' and that will involve a lot of work! :))

O.K. now about your post, your post definitely makes sense....,

some years ago I also 'Experimented' with MLM, even had two 'downlines' that where actually more enthousiastic than me and even had a bigger 'turnover value' than me!!!

Unfortunately one of them got sick and it effected the other, and eventually I stopped the whole approach.

Personally I was mainly in it to get a discount on the products, and it also did seem to make sense that if you use the products yourself you know what your selling.

(I also aim to use this principle with my current 'Affilliate Marketing' Online.)

To be honest I still wonder if the real 'Market' might have been the 'People that want to have their own Business'

This is also one of the 'Markets' I currently am 'serving' with my 'Happy Home Business Blogspot', with for example my little
'VISION-eBook', 'Daily Items', Syndicated Columns and my Blogpost articles.

Serving before you get anything from them does seem to make sense, that's why you can get a FREE 'Food Sample' (FREE Preview) of my little 'VISION-eBook' at:

http://www.lulu.com/hpvanduuren

I do think that the 'Look and Feel' of my 'Webshop' might possibly 'attrackt' a little bit younger 'Target Market' than the people you will be working with,
anyway I do think that the content of my ebook also can be interesting for other age groups.

If you like it, feel free to reccoment it as a 'Success Instruction Manual' for your whole 'Downline', that would definitly be THE Answer to my Lead Generation! :)

O.K. only kidding here I actually
did sell quite a few of them already, while - as you can see in my FREE Preview - I was somewhat sceptical about if it was at all possible to sell products online to begin with!

Feel free to visit my 'Blogspot(s)' and If you like to use for example my Happy Home Business Blogspot as a 'Verhicle' to share a Column or article with my Daily Visitors, you can alway's contact me via the 'Mailto' on my 'Main' Blogspot at: http://hpshappy.blogspot.com

All the Best,
To your Happy Inspiration,
HP

Nancy said...

Dave,

Great post! And fine looking web site.

Attraction marketing is the key to success, and the word is finally getting out. Isn't it exciting to be part of it?

Great job.

Nancy White

my blog said...

well attraction really works.



free fonts

Jeff Hoffman said...

Dave, as I said in your OPEN space, real leaders have more to give than get. Actually they probably have much to gain but that is not their aim or purpose. Nonetheless, by giving as a leader to the needs of others with their best interest in mind, a leader opens himself to great blessing. But, it does not stop there. The Biblical example of having your cup run over is core to real leadership. REAL leaders who's cups do grow bigger do so for only one reason, so that they can overflow even more. Bottom line, be a Leader, be a Servant and give, give, give.

Brate said...

Nice observation Bill. . Shortening your URL may help you get some Google friendly options, but it doesn’t seem to be as effective as it was before 2 years. In the latest advancements of the search engine spiders, search engine optimization has not left by mere re occurring your desired keywords or using such tinyurl tweaks, it is highly required that your website design and content should serve as an enticement to the web spiders. Shortening services really decreases the link value that indirectly hits your popularity status. It’s of no use to have a site which doesn’t comply with the standards of search spiders. I got my medical website reconstructed from a web designer and marketing company named medicalwebexperts.com. They need to almost reconstruct every page to make it compliant with search engine algorithms. After a few months of time, the impact was definitely distinctive in my income. I have got a steady increase in the patients, which was a direct result of reconstructing and marketing my old obsolete site.